Meeting tonight Wednesday the 17th September in the Clayton Hotel at 7.30pm as part of the ‘PATIENTS FIRST’ Campaign for Safety, Standards and Staffing.
I have received an invitation to this meeting and I will be attending.
Background to the meeting.
A combination of groups/ organizations have come together to push this campaign such is their concern about what is happening to and in our public health system.
The organizations include: Patient Opinion Ireland, Irish Patients’ Association, Irish Medical Organization and the Irish Nurses and Midwives Organization.
The Campaign Aims include:
Budget must protect Health Service and Patient Care
- Independent, transparent, free, easily accessible, feed back mechanism that provides all patients, carers and family members the opportunity to share their health care story and engage with service providers.
- Safe staffing based on patient dependency alone.
- Legislated requirement to publicly display daily staffing levels vis-a vis patient dependency requirements
- Legislated requirement to publicly consult and assess all cost improvement plans.
- National long term strategy for Patient Involvement and Engagement across Ireland